Lifestyle choices not only contribute to disease and disability, they can prevent, treat and reverse them too.
My name is Lucy Hoblitzelle, and for decades I worked as a Registered Nurse specializing in Adult Acute Care — taking care of the sickest of the sick.
Although I found that work rewarding, it always frustrated me that there wasn’t more support for patients to prevent or reverse the disease before it became life threatening.
If 80% of chronic disease is lifestyle related, why don’t most treatment plans provide the support people need to really transform their lifestyle?
That frustration drove me to study psychology and behavior change — and ultimately to transition into a full-time career as a Health & Wellness Coach.
I now use my experience as a Nurse and Coach, to support people through some of the most demanding health challenges of their life.
- Registered Nurse
- Nationally Board Certified Health & Wellness Coach (NBC-HWC) through the National Board of Medical Examiners and International Consortium for Health & Wellness Coaching
- Certified Wellcoach®
- Certified Positive Psychology Coach through Positive Acorn
- Certified Lifestyle Medicine Nurse, American College of Lifestyle Medicine
- Certified Lifestyle Medicine Coach (Wellcoaches & American College of Lifestyle Medicine)
- Certified MentorCoach®
- Diplomate, American College of Lifestyle Medicine
- BSN, University of San Francisco
- Graduate Certificate in Health Care Leadership, UCLA
Any lifestyle change plan needs to consider all aspects of life.
Where most “health kicks" focus on better food choices and increased physical activity, other factors such as stress, sleep, relationships and tobacco use are often overlooked. In my role as a Health & Wellness Coach, I take a Lifestyle Medicine approach, supporting you to:
INCREASE PHYSICAL ACTIVITY
DEVELOP STRATEGIES TO MANAGE STRESS
QUIT USE OF
Any behavior change plan needs to consider what really drives behavior.
Nobody likes being told what to do. In fact, when someone delivers a strict set of guidelines, it often triggers our obstinate inner adolescent to do the opposite. So rather than delivering a pre-made wellness program, I support you to set goals and developing a program that will be most impactful and sustainable for you. I also provide ongoing assistance and accountability as you begin implementing that program — in order to help you navigate and overcome the challenges you encounter along the way and develop habits that will last a lifetime.